The Colonial short-term disability is offered through the State of Florida benefits package. It helps supplement employees’ income during short –term disability.
- To Enroll: Login to the state’s People First portal using your People First user ID and password.
- For Assistance: Contact the People First Service Center at (866) 663-4735.
Voluntary disability insurance from Standard Insurance Company is designed to pay an income benefit in the event of a covered illness or injury. For complete plan details, see the plan brochure.
- To Enroll: Login to the myUFL portal using your Gatorlink ID and password.
- For Assistance: Contact UF Benefits at email@example.com or (352) 392-2477.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Certificate
Evidence of Insurability is required if applying outside of the new hire enrollment period or if changing from the 90-day plan to the 30-day plan. Please follow the instructions on the Electronic Evidence of Insurability* flyer.
*the 30-day plan is referred to as Short Term Disability and the 90-day plan as Long Term Disability on the Medical History Statement