Each fall and spring, managers have a unique opportunity to complete the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” certificate with a cohort of peers. Participating in the cohort can provide managers with a forum in which to discuss issues related to leadership and management with like-minded leaders on campus.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 program.
- Click here to view, complete, and submit an application.
- Click here to view, complete, and submit supporting documentation as a manager or an applicant.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
Some details of the program:
- You must be a manager to attend these workshops. We define a manager as someone who provides feedback, approves vacation and time worked, and completes performance reviews of other UF employees.
- As part of this program, each participant will engage in a 360-degree evaluation process to help direct their professional development. Designed to provide participants with insight into skills and behaviors needed to be effective leaders and based on the UF Leadership Competency Model, this 360-degree evaluation will provide feedback from the employee’s manager, peers, staff members, and others (identified by participant).
- Spaces are limited. Managers who apply for the cohort option will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A letter of support form from your immediate supervisor is also required as part of your application.
- The cohort will meet once or twice a month starting in September through May. We ask that participants in the cohort group be able to commit to attend at least 12 out of the 15 scheduled workshops.
- Each month, at least one of the workshops from the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” will be offered especially for this cohort. In addition to having access to the training, participants will be able to network with the same group of managers over the course of two semesters to allow in-depth discussion of the content—and to provide an increased opportunity to learn from one another.
2018-2019 Managers Cohort Schedule
|Course||Date & Time|
|Kick-off session||September 14, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|SCS055 Inspiring Trust||September 28, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Teambuilding session||October 12, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.|
|SCS035 Emotional Intelligence||October 26, 8:30 to noon|
|SCS014 Communication for Managers||November 9, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS030 Power of Feedback||December 7, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS045 Thinking Strategically||January 11, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS025 Accountability in the Workplace: A Manager’s Guide to High Standards, Great Results||January 25, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Mid-point check-in||February 8, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|SCS101 HR 101||February 22, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS030 What to do First When Everything is Important: Planning, Priorities and Delegation||March 8, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Leadership Development Discussion||March 22, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|SCS040 Interviewing and Hiring||April 12, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS020 Coaching for Success||April 26, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Wrap-up session||May 3, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|