Each fall, managers have a unique opportunity to complete the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” certificate with a cohort of peers. Participating in the cohort can provide managers with a forum in which to discuss issues related to leadership and management with like-minded leaders on campus. Some details of the program:
Please note: Applications for the 2016-17 cohort are no longer being being accepted.
- You must be a manager to attend these workshops. We define a manager as someone who provides feedback, approves vacation and time worked, and completes performance reviews of other UF employees.
- As part of this program, each participant will engage in a 360-degree evaluation process to help direct their professional development. Designed to provide participants with insight into skills and behaviors needed to be effective leaders and based on the UF Leadership Competency Model, this 360-degree evaluation will provide feedback from the employee’s manager, peers, staff members, and others (identified by participant).
- Spaces are limited. Managers who apply for the cohort option will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A letter of support form from your immediate supervisor is also required as part of your application.
- The cohort will meet once or twice a month starting in September through May. We ask that participants in the cohort group be able to commit to attend at least 12 out of the 15 scheduled workshops.
- Each month, at least one of the workshops from the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” will be offered especially for this cohort. In addition to having access to the training, participants will be able to network with the same group of managers over the course of two semesters to allow in-depth discussion of the content—and to provide an increased opportunity to learn from one another.
2016-2017 Managers Cohort Schedule
|Course||Date & Time|
|Kick-off session||September 9, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|SCS055 Inspiring Trust||September 23, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS035 Emotional Intelligence||October 7, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Teambuilding session||October 28, 8:30 to noon|
|SCS030 Power of Feedback||November 18, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS014 Communication for Managers||December 9, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS045 Thinking Strategically||January 13, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS025 Accountability in the Workplace: A Manager’s Guide to High Standards, Great Results||January 27, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Mid-point check-in||February 10, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|SCS101 HR 101||February 24, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS030 What to do First When Everything is Important: Planning, Priorities and Delegation||March 10, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Leadership Development Discussion||March 31, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|SCS040 Interviewing and Hiring||April 14, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS020 Coaching for Success||April 28, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Wrap-up session||May 19, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|