(352) 392-1231 | website
Commitment Accounting transactions are used to identify the funding source for an employee. They are completed after the job action has been completed and approved. These Frequently Asked Questions will get you started with the myUFL payroll system and to answer general questions about your paycheck.
Web Simulations and Instruction Guides
|Searching for an Individual|
|Review Job Data||Simulation|
|Create a New Hire||Simulation|
|Multiple Combination Codes||Simulation|
|Find Grant Dates||Simulation|
|Create a Simple Retro||Simulation|
|Create a Complex Retro||Simulation|
|Create a Fixed Value Retro||Simulation|
|Using the Payroll Calculator||Simulation||Calculator (.xslx)|
|Additional Pay Using Multiple Earnings Code||Simulation|
|Enterprise System Reports||Simulation|
|Completing the Payroll Distribution/ Retro Request Form (PDRR)||Simulation|
|Create a Cross College Retro||Simulation|
|Create a Future Edit||Simulation|
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
- PST985 Commitment Accounting Basics (Part 1 of 2 part series)
- In this session, participants will review how to complete Department Budget Table transactions. Designed for departmental staff responsible for their department’s employee labor charges and cost reallocations. This workshop covers the following basic Commitment Accounting concepts and actions involving Department Budget Tables USA:
- Commitment Accounting Workflow
- Job Data and Department Budget Tables
- Entering a New Hire Commitment Accounting action and updating Department Budget Tables
- Additional Pay, CAS Exemptions and College Work Study
- Simple Retros
- Missing Distribution Lists
This workshop is required to obtain the temporary UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_TRAINEE security role. This role will allow access to complete all needed Commitment Accounting actions. This role will expire 90 days after receipt. To continue processing Commitment Accounting actions, complete PST986 Commitment Accounting Advanced prior to the 90-day expiration.
- PST986 Commitment Accounting Advanced (Part 2 of 2 part series)
- In this session, participants will learn more advanced Commitment Accounting concepts and actions involving Department Budget Tables USA such as:
- More advanced Retros
- Cross College Distributions
- Correcting and Editing Additional Pays
- Future Edits
- Enterprise System Reports & HRMS Queries
This workshop is required to obtain the permanent UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_ADMIN security role. This role will allow access to complete all needed Commitment Accounting actions. PST986 Commitment Accounting Advanced must be completed within 90 days of obtaining the UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_TRAINEE role.
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.
- If you wish to View Inquiry ONLY, the role to be requested is UF_KA_BUDGETING_INQUIRY. You must also provide a Dept ID. This will give you access to everyone in your department.
- If you are going to process transactions in Commitment Accounting for your Department ONLY, you should request the temporary UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_TRAINEE security role from yours DSA after completing the PST985 Commitment Accounting Basics course. You must also provide a Dept ID. This will give you access to everyone in your department. Within 90 days of obtaining the UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_TRAINEE security role, you should request the permanent UF_KA_DEPT_BUDGETING_ADMIN security role from your DSA after completing the PST986 Commitment Accounting Advanced course. You must also provide a Dept ID. This will give you access to everyone in your department.
- If you are at a College Level and will be processing transactions that are likely to include “Cross College Transactions,” you must request the UF_KA_PAYROLL_BUDGETING security role from your DSA. College Level security will include ALL in row level security. This means you will have access to everyone and can complete the Cross College Transactions. Your DSA should send an email to University Payroll & Tax Services staff providing notification that employee needs college level processing access in myUFL.
- Enterprise Reporting will be available to anyone with any of the following Commitment Accounting security roles:
For system status information, please review the Alert Notices web page.
- Distribution FAQs
- Directives and Procedures
- Payroll Distribution/Retro Request
- Journal Entry for Payroll Cost Corrections
- Payroll Schedules
Commitment Accounting/Effort Reporting User Group Meeting Presentations and Powerpoints
- ER-CA Users Group Meeting, Sept. 14, 2015 (mediasite)
- ER-CA Users Group Meeting (PowerPoint Presentation) – Effort Reporting
- ER-CA Users Group Meeting (PowerPoint Presentation) – Commitment Accounting
- University Payroll & Tax Services web site
- University Payroll & Tax Services Distribution Listserv
- University Payroll & Tax Services Employee Directory
- Phone (352) 392-1231
Fax (352) 846-0166