- Careers at UF
- Commitment Accounting
- Effort Reporting
- Faculty Search Committee
- Foreign Nationals
- Graduate Information Management System (GIMS)
- Hiring and Additional Pay
- Job and Position Actions
- myTraining Partner Program
- ONE.UF Schedule of Courses
- ONE.UF Time Approval
- Online Promotion & Tenure
- Person of Interest
- Time and Labor
- Asset Management
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Budget Checking
- Distance Learning
- Human Subject Payments
- Hyperion Budgeting
- Journal Entry
- Managerial Budgets
- Material & Supply and Equipment Use Fees
- myUF Payment Solutions
- Paying Vendors (for DSOs)
- Requesting UF Budgets for Support Units
- Student Financials
- Travel and Expense
Asset Management Services
Refer to this toolkit when purchasing and researching assets in the myUFL system. Purchasing equipment, software, books and furniture for UF Departments requires additional information entry into myUFL because many of these items qualify as assets owned by the University. Assets become decaled and asset tracking at UF is done using hand-held scanners that read bar codes from UF Property decals.
Department Accountable Officers may use the simulations in this module to research assets in myUFL to verify information in their department’s inventory.
You may notice the navigation in myUFL is different than what is shown in these training resources. Rest assured, these changes are primarily look and feel differences. All policies and procedures discussed in these materials are accurate and up to date. Training materials will be updated to reflect the new look and menu of myUFL.
|Account Codes for Assets
|Navigation of myAssets||Simulation|
|Requesting New Custodian or Contact||Simulation|
|myInventory – Request Decal||Simulation|
|myInventory – View List and Filter Results||Simulation|
|Requests – Inaccessible Location||Simulation|
|Using the Worklists – Unscanned Inventory||Simulation|
|Worklist – Inaccessible Inventory||Simulation|
|Manage Assets: Receive New Assets||Simulation|
|myInventory – Adding an Attractive Item||Simulation|
|myInventory – Edit Asset Information||Simulation|
|myInventory – Upload Photos||Simulation|
|Completing a Foreign Travel Request||Simulation|
|Initiating an Off Campus Certifications||Simulation|
|Managing Authorized Warehouse Users||Simulation|
|myInventory – Transfer||Simulation|
|myInventory – Surplus Pickup Request||Simulation|
|Checking My Requests for Status of Transfer Requests||Simulation|
|Checking My Requests for Status of Surplus Requests||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Cannibalization||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Abandonment||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Casualty Loss||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Donation to University||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Improperly Disposed||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Lost||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Return to Vendor||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Stolen||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Trade In||Simulation|
|myInventory – Report of Survey for Transfer to State Federal Agency||Simulation|
|myInventory- Report of Survey for Return to Funding Agency||Simulation|
|Approving a Request||Simulation|
|View Asset History|
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
PST120: Asset Management—Purchasing and Acquisition of Assets
This hands-on session is for individuals who create requisitions and receive assets for their department. In this hands-on workshop participants will:
- Identify what is property and what is an asset
- Review the requisition process for assets
- Receive assets
- Locate a voucher for an asset
- Review of leased property and property management procedures
- Learn how to research an asset
Completing “PST501 Property 101” is required prior to attending this course. Completing “PST073: Introduction to in myUF Market” is strongly recommended prior to attending this course.
PST501: Property 101
This course is designed to provide all UF employees with basic knowledge of how to identify and responsibly manage capital assets and attractive property at the University of Florida. After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the differences between assets and property
- Identify the different decals UF uses to identify and track department assets and attractive items
- Summarize the responsibilities different individuals/groups have for managing and tracking property
- Explain the importance of identifying and tracking property
- Outline procedures for managing and tracking property
- Determine what surplus property is, locate and use the UF Surplus Warehouse, and describe how users are authorized
- List some resources they can access for assistance with property management
In this course, participants will complete an overview of the myAssets property system upgrade as of July 2013, designed for departmental property contacts to control their department inventory. The course shows how to obtain a listing of department assets and submit property status change requests to Asset Management, including updating property, completing inventory, creating reports of survey, and requesting surplus equipment pickup. The course also discusses inventory policy and explains workflow of requests to department approvers and Asset Management for final approval and processing in myUFL. If you have already taken PST501 my Assets before the upgrade, register for PST502 and take the Fast Track to learn about the new features in the upgrade. Select the session, “0009-Online” when registering.
Completing “PST501 Property 101” is required prior to attending this course.
PST503 Asset Custodian Tutorial
In this course, participants will complete an overview of the duties and responsibilities of UF departmental asset property custodians. The tutorial explains types of assets at UF, attractive items, UF inventory policy, safeguarding, care, and surveying of equipment, and resources to manage department inventory and approve changes to property records submitted by the department contact in the myAssets online system.
Completing “PST501 Property 101” is required prior to attending this course.
PST967 myUF Payments for Reviewers
This interactive session reviews the topics and skills necessary to review invoices in the myUF Payment Solutions system. This course is required for employees requesting the UF_AP_Reviewer role, which enables users to find existing vouchers, annotate invoice images, route invoices to users, add supporting docs to invoices and vouchers, and view vendors.
PST970 myUF Payments for Approvers
This interactive session reviews the topics and skills necessary to approve invoices in the myUF Payment Solutions system. This course (along with PST956 Online Journal Entry) is required foremployees requesting the UF_AP_Approver security role, which enables users to find existing vouchers, annotate invoice images, route invoices to users, view vendors, add GL allocations to invoices, approve invoices for payments, enter check requests for unencumbered payments, amend ChartFields and budget check vouchers, add supporting docs to invoices and vouchers, create expense journals, and submit vouchers for payment.
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.
- To shop for an asset(s) in myUF Market, if you are permanent staff or faculty you automatically have the role UF_N_MKT_Shopper and may shop in myUF Market; for non-permanent staff or faculty, obtain the role UF_N_MKT_Shopper_Req
- To create a requisition for purchase, obtain the role UF_N_MKT_Requestor to place orders in myUF Market
- To receive a purchased item, obtain the role UF_PO_RECEIVER to receive items in myUF
- For performing reviewer functions for assets in myUF Payment Solutions, obtain the UF_AP_Reviewer role
- For performing approver functions for assets in myUF Payment Solutions, obtain the UF_AP_Approver role
- To view Asset Management Images – listed on the user’s Administrative Menu – obtain the role UF_N_AM_IMAGING_VIEW
- To process vouchers, obtain the role UF_AP_VOUCHER_PROCESSOR (DSOs only)
- To see the Basic Add screen, obtain the role UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY
- UF Directives and Procedures for Asset Management
- For information on the ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) used in purchasing an asset that will leave the country or be used outside of the US, such as a laptop computer, and policy, please visit the Division of Sponsored Research’s web site.
UF Asset Management website
Phone (352) 392-2556
Fax (352) 392-4587
Address: 116 Elmore Hall