Budget & Commitment Control
- Careers at UF
- Commitment Accounting
- Effort Reporting
- Faculty Search Committee
- Foreign Nationals
- Graduate Information Management System (GIMS)
- Hiring and Additional Pay
- Job and Position Actions
- myTraining Partner Program
- ONE.UF Schedule of Courses
- ONE.UF Time Approval
- Online Promotion & Tenure
- Person of Interest
- Time and Labor
- Assets Management
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Budget Checking
- Distance Learning
- Human Subject Payments
- Hyperion Budgeting
- Journal Entry
- Managerial Budgets
- Material & Supply and Equipment Use Fees
- myUF Payment Solutions
- Paying Vendors (for DSOs)
- Requesting UF Budgets for Support Units
- Student Financials
- Travel and Expense
Commitment Control is an accounting methodology that identifies and reserves (or commits) funds for future payment obligations. This toolkit will help you access your available balances and complete budget inquiries, budget checking and budget transfers.
University Budget Office
Budget and KK
|Completing a KK Budget Inquiry – APPROP||Simulation|
|Completing a KK Budget Inquiry – GRANTS||Simulation|
|Completing a KK Budget Inquiry – CASH_BASED||Simulation|
|Completing a KK Budget Overview||Simulation|
|Checking for Budget Exceptions||Simulation|
|Manager Self Service – Notify Preferences||Simulation|
|Where Are My Available Balances?|
|Saved Searches with Budgets Overview|
|Completing a Budget Transfer||Simulation|
|Completing an Upload Budget Transfer||Simulation|
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
Use the web simulations and/or instruction guides listed above to learn the fundamental tasks available in Commitment Control.
To learn more about these topics, attend the PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 or PST952 Budget Transfer Processing myUFL training courses.
Attend the PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl 9.1 myUFL training course to learn about UF’s approach to budgeting in myUFL. Commitment Control is an accounting methodology that identifies and reserves (or “commits) funds for future payment obligations. In this hands-on session, you’ll learn about Commitment Control as well as:
- “Available Spending Authority”
- Ledger groups used in Commitment Control
- Budget Inquiry
- Budget Exceptions
- Budget Transfers
Attend the PST952 Budget Transfer Processing workshop to learn how to transfer budget monies using either budget transfer or upload budget transfer processes.
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.
- Security role UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY allows you to view financial information and perform certain Budget and KK functions.
- Security role UF_KK_BDGT_TRANSFER_PROCESSOR allows you to transfer budgets within the Commitment Control module. This role is designated for budget officers in the deans and vice presidential areas. If you are in a department, please verify with your dean’s office prior to requesting this role.
- You must request each role independently from your DSA. The PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 and PST952 Budget Transfer Processing courses are required for those requesting the UF_KK_BDGT_TRANSFER_PROCESSOR role. For those requesting the UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY role, only PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 is highly recommended.
- Finance and Accounting Directives and Procedures
- RCM Nuts and Bolts
- For system status information, please review the Alert Notices web page.
- University Budget Office 392-2402
- For Technical Issues, contact the UF Help Desk: