2018 Salary Increases
While UF and UFF reached an agreement regarding salary increases earlier this year, UF is currently engaged in discussions with representatives of the remaining bargaining units regarding salary increases. Further communication will be sent once agreement has been reached with each union.
Eligibility Criteria for Salary Increases
- To be eligible for any increase, employees must have been hired on or before June 30, 2017.
- Part-time faculty and staff are eligible for the salary increase. OPS employees are not eligible.
- Salary increases for employees in a bargaining unit are subject to union negotiation.
The following employees are not eligible:
- Those with “below performance standards” or any below satisfactory performance designation. (In the absence of a current performance evaluation, employees will be considered to be at the “satisfactory” or “achieves” performance level.)
- Faculty who are currently on a “performance improvement plan”
- Employees who have received notification of non-renewal or layoff
- Employees who have received discipline since January 1, 2017, in the form of a written reprimand or suspension
For state-funded positions, the 3 percent salary increase pool will be allocated based on filled positions using funding distributions identified by the units in the Budget Prep System as of June 2017. Contract, grant, and auxiliary units are expected to fund all salary increases from existing sources. Regardless of funding, the salary increase pools may not be supplemented with additional funds to exceed 3 percent.
Salary Increase Process
Beginning November 27, departments and colleges will be provided access to an online list of current employees and their salaries to support the increases. Designated departmental staff or faculty will use this file to input any faculty and staff increases.
Instruction guides with directions on how to review the Raise Review File for both faculty and staff may be found on the Job and Position Actions Toolkit.
Additional information regarding the process, including a frequently asked questions section, may be found on the Classification and Compensation section of the UFHR website at http://hr.ufl.edu/manager-resources/classification-compensation/compensation/.
Salary Increase Processing Calendar
- Monday, November 27, through close of business, Friday, December 15 – Raise Review File available to departments for entering faculty and staff merit increases
- Monday, January 1 – Faculty and staff increases available for review in myUFL (through Monday, January 11)
- Friday, January 19 – First paycheck with merit increases, effective January 1 (includes pay period January 1-11)
Departments with questions regarding the salary increase program may contact Classification and Compensation at (352) 392-2477. You may also e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.