Job Family – Public Safety
FLSA Status –Exempt
Pay Grade – 24
Salary Plan –US2E
Job Code – 001113
This is work managing* the operations of a public safety communications center.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Formulates and implements communications procedures for departmental operating functions.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors annual budget.
- Develops operational procedures, and insures that needed personnel and equipment are obtained effectively.
- Conducts training programs to improve operating techniques.
- Updates emergency procedures and instructs personnel in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification:
State certification on the NCIC/FCIC computer system
This position supervises.