Level – N/A
Job Family – Community and Social Service
FLSA Status – Exempt
Pay Grade –
Salary Plan – TA12
CAS Exemption Required – Yes
Job Code – 003839
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, implantation and coordination of activities related to victim services.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Completes referrals in a statewide data base or internal electronic file system by synthesizing information from multiple agencies (and databases) to review with medical staff, team coordinator, and other team personnel to determine appropriate assessments that are needed.
- Triages cases based on established criteria to determine best possible scheduling option.
- Reviews prior cases on families to determine current level of risk to the children in the home.
- Provides intervention services to at-risk clients, victims and witness of violence and their families
- Provides crisis intervention, personal advocacy, follow-up contact and appropriate community referrals for children and their families
- Works closely with medical director (or designee) to consult on cases
- Responds to referrals for clinical services regarding alleged abuse allegations from area hospitals, law enforcement and DCF.
- Maintain updated client records with plans, notes, appropriate forms, or related information.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification: