- Alternate Work Location
- Breastfeeding in the Workplace
- Children in the Workplace
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Drug Testing
- Compensation Policies
- Criminal Background Screening
- Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Eligibility for Rehire
- Employment of Relatives Policy
- Employment Reference Policy
- Essential Employees
- Faculty & Staff Name/Gender Change
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy
- Institutional Recovery and COVID-19 Return to the Workplace
- Marine Operator Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy
- Modified Duty Program
- Non-student Hourly OPS Employment
- Notice of Voluntary Resignation
- Political Activity
- Reporting and Investigating Fraudulent or Other Wrongful Acts
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Media
- Software Copyright Policy
- State Vehicle Seatbelt Use Requirement
- Training Attendance
- Vulnerable Persons
- Workplace Violence
As of July 1, 2010, smoking and tobacco use is prohibited in all facilities and areas of the University of Florida campus with no exception. Indoor areas and properties include, but are not limited to, all common work areas, elevators, hallways, university-owned or -leased vehicles, garages, restrooms, cafeterias or dining areas, employee lounges, conference and meeting rooms, and all other enclosed areas in the workplace. Outdoor areas include, but are not limited to, parking lots, grounds, rooftops, plazas, courtyards, entrance and exit ways, and any other areas of the university campus. All facilities occupied or controlled by the University that are not on the University campus continue to be designated no smoking facilities. The fifty feet (50’) areas surrounding such facilities are also designated as no smoking areas. The President or designee may allow smoking in specific designated areas of campus for clinical treatment purposes, including smoking cessation programs or research-related purposes.
This policy applies to all faculty, staff, consultants, contractors, and visitors. The Health Science Center and Shands enacted a similar policy in November of 2009. This includes, but is not limited to, all indoor and outdoor areas and properties.
To learn more, see the Tobacco-Free Campus website.
Smoking Policy/Florida Clean Indoor Air Act
The Florida Clean Indoor Air Act of 1992, implemented by Section 386.201, Florida Statutes, became effective October 1, 1992. This act prohibits smoking in educational facilities.
Accordingly, the University of Florida’s policy forbids smoking areas to be designated within any university facility including, but not limited to, classrooms, offices, dining facilities, student residential facilities, or any other building owned or leased by the university.