- Alternate Work Location
- Breastfeeding in the Workplace
- Children in the Workplace
- Chosen and Legal Name and Gender Change Policy for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Drug Testing
- Compensation Policies
- Criminal Background Screening
- Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Eligibility for Rehire
- Employment of Relatives Policy
- Employment Reference Policy
- Essential Employees
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy
- Marine Operator Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy
- Modified Duty Program
- Non-student Hourly OPS Employment
- Notice of Voluntary Resignation
- Paid Family Leave Policy
- Political Activity
- Reporting and Investigating Fraudulent or Other Wrongful Acts
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Media
- Software Copyright Policy
- State Vehicle Seatbelt Use Requirement
- Training Attendance
- University of Florida Standard Operations
- Vulnerable Persons
- Working Remotely Abroad
- Working Safely and Maintaining Workplace Health Standards
- Workplace Violence
Type of Policy: Policy on employee attendance at UFHR-sponsored training
Effective Date: June 2000
Last Revised: December 2018
This policy clarifies the standards and expectations for attendance at UFHR-sponsored training and professional development opportunities.
This policy applies to all employees (anyone receiving a paycheck) at the University of Florida and applies to UFHR-sponsored training and professional development opportunities.
This policy provides general guidelines for attendance expectations at all UFHR-sponsored training and professional development programs.
All UF employees, with supervisor approval, are eligible to take UFHR-sponsored training and professional development programs.
- UFHR-sponsored training and professional development programs are available to all employees (i.e., anyone receiving a paycheck from UF).
- Prior to enrolling in any UFHR-sponsored training or professional development courses, UF employees should consult with their supervisors to identify the most relevant and helpful courses or opportunities and to secure supervisory approval.
- Participation in UFHR-sponsored training or professional development is considered work time and, as such, is compensable.
- UF employees are expected to appropriately manage their meetings and workload to assure their attendance does not adversely affect their work area, deadlines, or job performance.
- While UFHR-sponsored training or professional development courses are in session, attendees are expected to be focused on the training (i.e., not conducting work on laptops, tablets, or phones). If employees are disruptive or not appropriately engaged in the session, instructors have the discretion to ask them to leave and/or to not give credit.
- Employees attending UFHR-sponsored training or professional development who are more than 20 minutes late will not be allowed to attend and will be asked to reschedule.
- Employees are expected to attend the full session to receive credit. Employees leaving a training session early may not receive credit.
Reporting Questions or Violations
The following department is responsible for overseeing implementation of and assuring compliance with this policy. This is who to contact with questions about the policy or to report suspected violations:
UF Training & Organizational Development, UFHR
PO Box 115006
Failure to comply with this policy could result in non-credit or restrictions placed on future training opportunities. Behavior that rises to the level of insubordination or misconduct could result in disciplinary action.
For more information on UFHR-sponsored training opportunities (https://learn-and-grow.hr.ufl.edu/courses-registration/).
|06-01-2000||UFHR, UF T&OD||Policy initially adopted|
|12-10-2018||UFHR, UF T&OD||Revision to Policy|