unit logo

Employment Data Updates

  • Employee Relations
  • Classification & Compensation
  • Volunteer Coordination
  • Talent Acquisition and Onboarding
  • Hiring Center
  • Employment Abroad
  • Remote Work Location
  • HR Data Services & People Analytics
  • Employment Hub
  • Department Updates

    I-9 Reverifications Foreign National SSN Updates Job Data Corrections

    Employee Updates

    Emergency Contact Updates Education Updates Name & Gender Changes Address Changes

    I-9 Reverification

    The University of Florida began requiring all employees be E-Verified in January 2010. E-Verify was originally established in 1996 with Form I-9 originating on November 6, 1986.

    Reverification is never required for the following:

    • U.S. citizens or noncitizen nationals
    • Reverification is also never required when the following documents expire: U.S. passports, U.S. passport cards, Form I-551 (Alien Registration Receipt Cards/Permanent Resident Cards, also known as Green Cards), and List B documents

    Employees with expiring immigration status, employment authorization, or employment authorization documents should have the necessary application or petition filed well in advance to ensure they maintain continuous employment authorization and/or valid documents. USCIS provides employment authorization extensions under certain conditions. See Section 6.0, Evidence of Status for Certain Categories, for more information.

    1. Meet with Employee and Review Documentation

    An employee’s employment authorization must be reverified no later than the date their current work authorization expires. When doing so please follow the steps below to ensure the proper reverification processes are followed.

    Employee’s responsibility

    • Review list of Acceptable Documents
    • Present any List A or C document showing current employment authorization
    • Document must be valid if work authorization has expiration date

    Employer’s responsibility

    • Review document to verify accuracy and authenticity
    • If Social Security card is provided as document, ensure it is not restricted
    • Certain receipts can be accepted for reverification; see the Acceptable Receipts table in Section 4.3, Acceptable Receipts, for more information

    2. Complete Section 3 of Form I-9

    Use the most recent version of the form: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9

    (Note Google Chrome will not properly load the form thus another web browser should be used)

    If you reverify your employee using a paper Form I-9:

    • Enter the employee’s full name on new Form I-9 at the top of Section 2
    • Leave both the Citizenship/Immigration Status field and the rest of Section 2 blank
    • If the employee’s name has changed, enter the new name in Block A of Section 3
    • Enter the document title, number, and expiration date in Block C of Section 3
    • Sign, date and enter your name in Section 3

    If you complete Section 3 using a computer:

    • Enter the employee’s full name on new Form I-9 at the top of Section 2
    • If the employee’s name has changed, enter the new name in Block A of Section 3
    • Enter the document title, number and expiration date (if any) in Block C of Section 3
    • Enter your name in the field provided
    • Print the form and sign and date in Section 3

    3. Submit Form I-9 and Supporting Documents

    • Enter your case via the I-9 Reverification Portal
    • Upload the form and supporting documentation in two separate files
    • ALERT: Incomplete forms without supporting documents will not be reviewed



    Employment Operations & Records

    Foreign National SSN Updates

    Foreign national employees who were hired with the UF TempID must provide their department a copy of the issued social security card once received. The department must obtain a copy that will be retained in the employee’s personnel file. This new SSN will also be updated in myUFL.

    • Upload copy of social security card via the SSN Update Portal
    • ALERT: Incomplete forms without the supporting document will not be processed



    Employment Operations & Records

    Job Data Corrections

    Requests to correct an employment record in Job Data must be sent with the Job Data Correction (JDC) Form. The JDC form should only be used to request a correction if it cannot be done in myUFL through an ePAF.


    • Originator: Complete the JDC form with specific details on necessary action(s) and obtain appropriate signatures
    • Level 1: Verify this action cannot be completed through ePAF and sign form
    • Submit to Employment Operations & Records prior to the HR deadline by emailing the completed form to ufhr-employment@ufl.edu. Typical turnaround timeframe is 3-5 business days

    Please note that requests submitted after the HR deadline will be completed for the following pay period.



    Employment Operations & Records

    Emergency Contact

    Please establish an emergency contact and update this information as often as you need to. In the event of an emergency, it is very important that we have an updated contact on file.

    Current employees can change or update the emergency contact information by logging into MyUFL and navigating to: Main Menu > My Account > Update Emergency contact

    Education Updates

    Employees who have attained a higher education degree after their initial hire date can update their employee record by emailing their request to ufhr-employment@ufl.edu. Employment Operations & Records will verify the degree and update the employee personnel record accordingly.

    When making the request, please include your UFID and the institution where the degree was earned.

    Name & Gender Changes

    The UF Directory is the official source of contact information for students, faculty, staff and affiliates. The information stored in the directory feeds directly into student records, myUFL, the online phonebook, and other campus-wide systems.

    Personal information, including your home and mail address, date of birth, and gender can be updated using the procedures listed below. Please note that certain changes to your personal information may require additional documentation.

    Both Former and Current Employee

    If you need to make a change to your UF Legal name and/or gender, please submit the Name and/or Gender Change Request Form.

    Note: if you are seeking an update to your UF Legal name you must attach an updated copy of your social security card to the form. This form is a secure method of providing a copy of your social security card.

    Employment Operations & Records will ensure the data is accurate in the myUFL system and your UF Legal name reflects the name listed on your new social security card. Please contact Employment Operations & Records if you have any questions.

    Current Employee Change in Directory Name

    Display/Directory Name is what appears in some UF campus contact information. You can select how and what would be your display name by logging in to MyUFL and following the navigation below:

    Main Menu > My Account > Update My Directory Profile.

    Note: This does not affect your UF Legal name.

    Address Changes

    Every UF employee is responsible for verifying that their home and mailing addresses are accurate and up to date. This is essential to receive critical communication including tax documents, benefits updates and more. Below are some ways you may verify and/or update your information.

    Current Employee

    Employees can change their address at any time by logging into MyUFL and going to:

    • Main Menu >My Account > Update My Directory Profile

    How to access your W-2 forms?

    Current employees who have provided consent to receive the forms electronically can access their most recent W-2 forms by logging in to MyUFL and navigating to:

    • Main Menu >My Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > View W-2/W-2c Forms

    Current employees who cannot access their most recent W-2 forms by logging in to MyUFL must first consent to receive them electronically by navigating to:

    • Main Menu >My Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-2/W-2c Consent

    Former Employee

    Previous employees may complete the Former Employee Address Change Request Form

    • Directions on where to send the completed form are included on the form

    How to access your W-2 forms electronically?

    Please visit: https://www.fa.ufl.edu/directives/w-2-frequently-asked-questions/#former