Employment Operations and Records
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2020-21 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Salary Market Data Sources
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helping Employees In Distress
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
“Our goal is to partner with UF departments to efficiently and effectively manage change in an employee’s life cycle”
The Employment Operations & Records unit of UF Human Resources is responsible for all electronic transactions that support the hiring of new employees, employment changes during the life cycle of UF employees, and the records produced and maintained as a result of these transactions.
This section provides information and resources for hiring managers and HR professionals in UF departments. Resources include a comprehensive description of the entire recruitment and hiring process and additional actions that are likely during the employee life cycle.
Hiring a foreign national employee is different from hiring a U.S. citizen. The process may include obtaining employment authorization before the individual can work in the U.S. or in some instances, the foreign national may already have employment authorization that can be used for a position at the University of Florida.
Interested in changing your official business information at UF? Whether you are a department seeking to update information for an employee or simply need to update your personal information, this section will cover the following areas for employment data updates in myUFL.
- I-9 Reverifications
- Foreign National SSN Updates
- Job Data Corrections
- Emergency Contact Updates
- Education Updates
- Name & Gender Changes
- Address Changes
This section is to petition the hiring or continued employment of relatives in a department, division, or college per University guidelines.
The University of Florida only verifies paid employment for current and former employees up to 25 years after separation from the University.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- The Work Number (TWN)
- Third Party Verification of Employment (VOE)
- Current & Former Employees Verification of Employment
As an organization, the University of Florida is committed to operational and records management best practices in compliance with the University and State of Florida standards.
Below are three categories to help you locate procedures and contacts for the maintenance of UF records and/or employment-related questions.
- Records Requests