Changes to My Employment
- Strategic Talent Group
- Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Vice President for IFAS
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
Disclosure of Outside Activities
This section contains information regarding disclosure of outside activities for UF employees.
University of Florida faculty and staff members may engage in outside activities and hold financial interests as long as it does not interfere or creates a conflict of interest with the obligations and responsibilities of the primary employment.
When engaging in outside activities, the employee is expected to report the situation to their supervisor for discussion and, if required, to provide a report disclosing the information prior to engaging in the activity or obtaining the financial interest.
In addition to completing the statement regarding activities and financial interests annually through effort reporting or during the performance appraisal period, an annual disclosure should be submitted at the beginning of each academic year or other annual appointment for each existing outside activity or financial interest.
A new disclosure should be submitted if there is a significant change in an activity or financial interest (nature, extent, funding, etc.) or before a new outside activity or financial interest is undertaken. These reporting provisions apply to activities performed or interests held while an employee is in pay status, or is on a compensated leave, including a professional development leave, but do not apply to activities performed wholly during a period in which the employee has no appointment with the University. The employee should still be aware of and deal with the conflict of interest considerations that may arise from the latter activities.
For more information on activities that would require disclosure, review the the Disclosure of Outside Activities In Unit form.
Out-of-Unit Faculty and Staff
For more information on activities that would require disclosure, review the the Disclosure of Outside Activities and Financial Interests form.
Any updated forms for in-unit/out-of-unit faculty and staff should be sent to Employee Relations at EmployeeRelations@hr.ufl.edu.