unit logo
  • Employment Operations and Records
  • Talent Acquisition and Onboarding
  • Classification & Compensation
  • Employee Relations
  • Keep your information current at all times!

    The UF Directory is the official source of contact information for students, faculty, staff and affiliates. The information stored in the directory feeds directly into student records, myUFL, the online phonebook and other campus-wide systems.

    Personal information, including your home and mail address, date of birth, and gender can be updated using the procedures listed below. Please note that certain changes to your personal information may require additional documentation.

    Name & Gender Changes

    Both Former and Current Employee

    If you need to make a change to your legal name and/or gender, please submit a completed Name and/or Gender Change Request Form, along with an updated copy of the social security card via fax or Dropbox. Employment Operations & Records will ensure the data is accurate in the myUFL system and your business name reflects the name listed on your new social security card. Please contact Employment Operations & Records if you have any questions.

    Submit completed form with an attached social security card per instructions within the form.

    Current Employee Change in Directory Name

    Display/Directory Name is what appears in some UF campus contact information. You can select how and what would be your display name by logging in to MyUFL and following the navigation below:

    Main Menu > My Account > Update My Directory Profile.

    *This does not affect your UF Business Name*

    Address Changes

    Every UF employee is responsible for verifying that their home and mailing addresses are accurate and up-to-date. This is essential to receive critical communication including tax documents, benefits updates and more. Below are some ways you may verify and/or update your information.

    Current Employee

    Employees can change their address at any time by logging into MyUFL and going to:

    • Main Menu > My Account > Update My Directory Profile

    How does this affect your W-2?

    Current employees can access their most recent W-2 forms by logging in to MyUFL and navigating to:

    • Main Menu > My Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-2/W-2c Consent.

    Former Employee

    Employees must complete the Former Employee Address Change Request Form.

    • Directions on where to send the completed form are included on the form.

    How does this affect your W-2?

    Former employees will have their W-2s mailed to their local home mailing address in the UF Directory. If this address has changed since your separation from the university, please update accordingly.

    Emergency Contact

    Current employees can change or update the emergency contact information by logging into MyUFL and going to:

    Main Menu > My Account > Update Emergency contact

    Update Education

    Employees who have attained a higher education degree after their initial hire date can update their employee record by emailing their request to ufhr-employment@ufl.edu. Employment Operations & Records will verify the degree and update the employee personnel file accordingly.

    When making the request, include your UFID and the institution where the degree was earned.

    Employment Verification

    The University of Florida only verifies paid employment for current and former employees up to 25 years after separation from the University. If you are inquiring about employee’s performance, please contact the employee’s department directly.

    *Do not send any Social Security Numbers via emails. This includes body of emails and/or attachments.*

    Third Party Verification

    The Work Number is the official employment and income verification tool at the University of Florida. It provides secure automated verification for current and former employees who terminated on or after January 1, 2004, and their online portal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is updated each bi-weekly pay cycle.

    • The University’s employer code is 13570.
    • A signed release form is required when requesting employment data of a student. All student employees, including graduate assistants are protected under Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).

    Advantages of Using The Work Number

    The Work Number can provide an employee’s The Work Number cannot provide an employee’s
    • Current or most recent job title
    • Dates of employment
    • Base annual salary
    • Employment status ( Active/ Inactive, Full/ Part-Time)
    • Job information prior to January 1, 2004
    • Job duties or reasons for separation
    • Personal data, such as address
    • Professional certifications
    • Work schedule, attendance, or time sheet information
    • Amount of sick/ vacation time off
    • Wage/loss insurance forms

    Information not coming up under The Work Number?

    Prior to contacting the University of Florida, you must have attempted to use The Work Number.  For a manual verification request, email verify-employment@ufl.edu with the information listed below. Please note, manual verification request for third parties must be submitted through email. Faxes or phone calls are no longer accepted.

    • Employee’s full name
    • Date of birth
    • Proof of attempting to use The Work Number. Failure to provide this information may result in a delayed response to your inquiry.

    UF Related Entities

    UF Health (Shands), University Athletic Association (UAA), and Gator Dining are UF-related entities that maintain their own payroll and personnel records. Employees for the below entities are not part of the University of Florida’s job data system.

    Please contact these entities directly for instructions on how to verify employment.

    Entity  Phone Fax
    Gator Dining 352-846-2082 352-392-9787
    University Athletic Association (UAA): 352-375-4683 352-375-8432
    UF Health Shands 352-265-0441 352-265-7948
    UF Health Shands – Jacksonville 904-244-9650 904-244-9668

    Medical Credentialing

    If seeking affiliation or credentialing information for a medical center employee, please use the Verification of Affiliation and Privileges form to verify your request.

    Current & Former Employees

    Verify your own employment dates

    An Employment Data Report is available to UF current and former employees instantly. The information includes most of your employment dates and income information, plus a list of each time a verifier has attempted to access some or all of your data using The Work Number. Listed below are available instructions:

    • Visit theworknumber.com
    • Select “Employee – My Information”
    • Enter the University of Florida’s Employer Code: 13570
    • Use your Social Security Number as your User ID
    • Enter your birth date (mmddyyyy) as your PIN (you will immediately be asked to change your PIN)*

    Employees have access to their employment records at all times. Feel free to navigate other functions under “Reason for request”.

    Salary Key – A service provided by The Work Number to securely verify current employee’s income.

    • Visit theworknumber.com
    • Select “Employee – My Information”
    • Enter the University of Florida’s Employer Code
    • Use your Social Security Number as your User ID
    • Enter your birth date (mmddyyyy) as your PIN (you will immediately be asked to change your PIN)*
    • Click on “Prove Your Income With a Salary Key”, then select “Create a Salary Key”

    The University’s employer code is 13570.

    Letter of Employment/Income

    A letter of employment is provided for special circumstances such as immigration purposes. All other queries should refer to The Work Number.

    • Email ufhr-employment@ufl.edu with your full legal name, UFID or date of birth, and contact information.
    • State purpose and specific information needed in the letter of employment/ income verification.

    If you are requesting a letter that includes job duties or performance description, you will need to contact your home department for further assistance.


    Law enforcement agencies may direct their forms via email at ufhr-employment@ufl.edu or mail at our physical address listed for specific verification information.  Please provide a release form and contact information.


    Employment Operations & Records
    903 West University Avenue
    Gainesville, FL 32601

    Military Veterans

    VA Request for Employment Information in Connection with Claim for Disability Benefits

    • The University can complete sections II and IV, the form should be sent blank.
    • The email should contain your legal name, UFID and/or DOB.

    Do not add social security numbers if submitting via email.

    Email: ufhr-employment@ufl.edu

    Retired Veterans

    Section IV will need to be completed by the Division of Retirement

    Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)

    What is it?

    The PSLF Program is a federal program that forgives the remaining balance on a student’s Direct Loans after the student has made 120 qualifying monthly payments.

    The University of Florida is a state government institution and public university that meets the federal requirement of “public service organization”. UF employees may qualify for this program.

    Who qualifies?

    • UF employees must have a total of 1.0 FTE and be paid directly from the University of Florida.
    • Part-time employees may be eligible to apply for the PSLF Program only if they have a combined total of 30 hours with two qualifying employers. The combination of a total of 30 hours is considered full-time by the Department of Education.

    NOTE: Keep in mind that PSLF requirements states that employees must meet the full-time employee definition set by the employer’s (UF) standards.

    How to submit the form?

    Qualifying employees can email Employment Operations & Records at ufhr-employment@ufl.edu to request completion of page 2, Sections 3 and 4.

    When emailing please provide the following information:

    • Full Legal Name
    • UFID and/or Date of Birth
    • Best contact information

    Do not include your SSN in any email for security purposes. Please allow 5-7 business days for EO&R to review and complete the form.

    For more information about the PSLF program and to find the PSLF form, please visit: the Federal Student Aid website.