- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- New Hire and COVID-19 Screening
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
The University of Florida only verifies paid employment for current and former employees up to 25 years after separation from the University. If you are inquiring about employee’s performance, please contact the employee’s department directly.
*Do not send any Social Security Numbers via emails, within text content and/or attachments*
Third Party Employment Verification Notice: Currently, the University of Florida is not providing any additional information beyond what is listed in The Work Number. Requests for verbal or manual verifications are no longer accepted.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
What is it?
The PSLF Program is a federal program that forgives the remaining balance on a student’s Direct Loans after the student has made 120 qualifying monthly payments.
The University of Florida is a state government institution and public university that meets the federal requirement of “public service organization”. UF employees may qualify for this program.
- UF employees must have a total of 1.0 FTE and be paid directly from the University of Florida.
- Part-time employees may be eligible to apply for the PSLF Program only if they have a combined total of 30 hours with two qualifying employers. The combination of a total of 30 hours is considered full-time by the Department of Education.
NOTE: PSLF requirements states that employees must meet the full-time employee definition set by the employer’s (UF) standards.
How to submit the form?
Qualifying employees can email Employment Operations & Records at email@example.com to request completion of page 2, Sections 3 and 4.
When emailing please provide the following information:
- Full Legal Name
Do not include your SSN in any email for security purposes. Please allow 5-7 business days for EO&R to review and complete the form.
Third Party Verification
The Work Number is the official employment and income verification tool at the University of Florida. It provides secure automated verification for current and former employees who terminated on or after January 1, 2004, and their online portal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is updated each bi-weekly pay cycle.
- The University’s employer code is 13570.
- A signed release form is required when requesting employment data of a student. All student employees, including graduate assistants are protected under Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
- All employment and income verification requests must use The Work Number®
Advantages of Using The Work Number
|The Work Number can provide an employee’s||The Work Number cannot provide an employee’s|
UF Related Entities
UF Health (Shands), University Athletic Association (UAA), and Gator Dining are UF-related entities that maintain their own payroll and personnel records. Employees for the below entities are not part of the University of Florida’s job data system.
Please contact these entities directly for instructions on how to verify employment.
|University Athletic Association (UAA)||352-375-4683||352-375-8432|
|Shands UF HR||352-265-0441||352-265-7948|
|Shands Jacksonville (JAX) HR||904-244-9650||904-244-9668|
Current & Former Employees
Verifying your own employment dates
An Employment Data Report is available to UF current and former employees instantly. The information includes most of your employment dates and income information, plus a list of each time a verifier has attempted to access some or all of your data using The Work Number. Listed below are available instructions:
- Visit theworknumber.com
- If on a mobile device or small screen, click on menu (three horizontal lines) in upper right corner
- Select “Log In”
- Click on “Verify My Data”
- Enter the Employer Code: 13570 and then click on the magnifying glass
- Select “University of Florida” and then “Select Employer”
- Use your Social Security Number as your User ID
- Enter your birth date (mmddyyyy) as your PIN (you will immediately be asked to change your PIN)*
- Select “Employment data Report” and follow the prompts
- For those who need proof of income, please proceed to the next step
- Click on the “Prove your Income With a Salary Key” and then “Create a Salary Key”
Employees have access to their employment records at all times. Feel free to navigate other functions under “Reason for request”
Letter of Employment/Income
A letter of employment is provided for special circumstances such as immigration purposes. All other queries should refer to The Work Number.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full legal name, UFID or date of birth.
- State purpose and specific information needed in the letter of employment/ income verification.
If you are requesting a letter that includes job duties or performance description, you will need to contact your home department for further assistance.
Law enforcement agencies may direct their forms via email at email@example.com or mail at our physical address listed for specific verification information. Please provide a release form and contact information.
Employment Operations & Records
903 West University Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32601
- The University can complete sections II and IV, the form should be sent blank.
- The email should contain your legal name, UFID and/or DOB.
Do not add social security numbers if submitting via email.
Section IV will need to be completed by the Division of Retirement
- Toll-free Phone: 844-377-1888
- Phone: 850-907-6500
- T.D. Phone: 800-955-8771
- Fax: 850-410-2010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If seeking affiliation or credentialing information for a medical center employee, please use the Verification of Affiliation and Privileges form to verify your request.