- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- New Hire and COVID-19 Screening
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
Effective March 30, the University of Florida is pausing all hires – faculty, staff, temporary, and students. This is in response to the continuously changing circumstances involving the spread of COVID-19. This hiring pause is anticipated to continue through the fall. The University of Florida Human Resources will inform the University community once this pause has been lifted.
To ensure the University of Florida continues to stay operational, the following positions may be continued to be posted/filled:
- All contract and grant-funded positions, regardless of position type
- UF Health faculty and staff positions involved in the clinical enterprise
- Summer appointments of existing 9-month faculty
- Current searches for which offers already have been extended
- Graduate assistants, student OPS and adjunct faculty
Also, exceptions to this hiring slow-down may be granted to positions that are critical to:
- Campus and personal health and safety
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Delivery of essential University services
- Courses necessary for timely graduation
- Critical advancement of the University mission
To request an exception to this hiring pause, the hiring manager must obtain approval, including the rationale for the request, from the appropriate dean and/or vice president. Exceptions for new faculty hires must receive final approval from Provost Joe Glover or Dr. Dave Nelson, as appropriate. All staff new hires will need final approval by Vice President for HR Jodi Gentry. A copy of the Hiring Pause Exception Form can be found by visiting UFHR Forms (for managers) page.
The Hiring Pause Exception Form is an online Docusign form, so the request can be submitted and approved online. When completing the Hiring Pause Exception Form, you will need to identify all the approvers first, and then you will be directed to the form to complete and submit.
If approved for recruitment, job openings will be advertised in accordance with the University’s normal recruitment process.
For additional information or assistance, contact Audrey Gainey, UF Human Resources’ Director for Talent Acquisition and Onboarding, at email@example.com.
- How long will the pause last?
- We anticipate this hiring slow-down will continue through the summer.
- What is the impact on the faculty hiring initiative?
- Many faculty hires will be able to continue including any contract and grant-funded positions; UF Health faculty positions that are involved in the clinical enterprise; summer appointments of existing 9-month faculty; and any current searches for which offers already have been extended. Other faculty searches underway may also be eligible for an exception upon review and approval.
- What does this mean for positions posted prior to March 30 that are currently posted but not yet filled?
- They will be removed from posting unless an exception is approved.
- What should I do if we are in middle of interview our candidates?
- If your position meets one the exception criteria, then you will need to submit an exception request form for approval to continue with the process.
- How will candidates be notified of this status?
- Talent Acquisition and Onboarding will send communication to all applicants for positions that are impact by the hiring pause.
- What does this mean for people who have been hired but have not yet started working for UF?
- Offers will be honored.