Before Day 1 and First Day
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding/Induction: Best Practices for Direct Supervisors
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Institutional Equity & Diversity
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Performance Appraisals
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Contact Us
- Employee Relations Leadership team
Before Day 1
Take these four simple steps to ensure your new employee is happy about his or her choice to join your team.
1. Create a Welcome packet*
2. Send packet with a warm and welcoming email*
3. Design a fully prepared workspace*
4. Create a successful training plan*
*In some departments, this task is completed by the HR rep.
These editable tools will guide you and provide things to consider as you onboard your new hire.
- Welcoming Your New Employee
- Assigning a Buddy
- First Impressions Matter! Plan for success by embedding job specific tasks with training and job shadowing for your new hire.
Make your new employee’s first day a positive experience.
1. Enthusiastically welcome the new employee
2. Use the first-day checklist to show that you are prepared for the new employee
3. Connect the new employee to the team members, HR rep and his or her buddy
4. Explain expectations and onboarding plan
5. Have lunch together
Use the first-day checklist to cover your bases.