Academic Credential Evaluation
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding/Induction: Best Practices for Direct Supervisors
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Institutional Equity & Diversity
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- Performance Appraisals
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
Academic Credential Evaluation (ACE) is obtained from an organization which evaluates that the foreign education of a degree abroad is equivalent to the education of a U.S. degree.
USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) requires a copy of an official ACE equivalency for degree(s) awarded outside the U.S.
Departments should verify if the employee secured degree(s) in the U.S. or not. If the qualifying degree(s) was not earned within the U.S., the department should advise the employee that they will need to secure the ACE and provide a list to the employee of NACES list of evaluators.
Here is the link to a listing: http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The following companies are recommended by the immigration attorney:
- FIS (Foundation for International Services, Inc.)
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
NOTE: Any credentials not originally in English will also require official translations (employee’s personal translations are not acceptable).