ADA and Accessibility Services for UF Employees and Job Applicants
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- New Hire and COVID-19 Screening
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
The University of Florida is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all students, employees, and visitors. Part of this commitment is to assure equal opportunity in employment and education for individuals with disabilities. Another part of this commitment is to assure compliance with disability-related laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
This page is designed primarily to provide guidance and information to current and prospective employees who have questions about or would like to request a disability accommodation. Additional resources are listed below. If you cannot find the information you seek on this website, please do not hesitate to contact UFHR or the ADA Coordinator. We will get back in touch with you as quickly as we can.
- Workstation ergonomic requests should be made directly to Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S).
- Web-accessibility requests may be made directly to Accessible UF.
- Students in need of assistance regarding coursework should contact the Disability Resource Center.
Employee/Applicant Disability Accommodations – Contact Us
University of Florida – Human Resources (UFHR)
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Contact the ADA Office
University of Florida – Office of ADA Compliance
Dr. Russell Froman, Asst. Vice President and ADA Coordinator
427 Yon Hall
1908 Stadium Road
Workstation Ergonomic Requests
Employees who are experiencing discomfort due to the setup of their workstation can seek guidance and assistance from the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Coordinator. Visit the Ergonomics webpage and links to a self-assessment, guide, and ergonomics evaluation request form.
Auxiliary Aids and Services for Students with Disabilities
The University of Florida’s Disability Resource Center (DRC) celebrates disability identity as a valued aspect of diversity. The DRC champions a universally accessible community that supports the holistic advancement of individuals with disabilities. Students with disabilities who may need auxiliary aids and services should contact the DRC.
The DRC hopes that the information contained on its webpages provides insight about its dedication to provide the best services and support possible. Contact the DRC at 352-392-8565, fax them at 352-392-8570, contact them via e-mail at accessUF@ufsa.ufl.edu, or stop by the DRC, which is located at 0001 Building 0020 (Reid Hall).
If you are a student, faculty or staff member and park on campus using a state-issued Disabled Persons Parking Placard, you are required to purchase a UF Disabled Persons parking decal. Information is available on the Transportation and Parking Services Website.
Gator Lift provides reliable, convenient and free shuttle service to accessible locations within the boundaries of the campus of the University of Florida for students, faculty, and staff with temporary or permanent mobility-related disabilities. Additional information on Gator Life is available here.
Accessible UF hosts a website serving as a central resource to inform stakeholders on the university’s efforts related to accessibility. This website offers a wide variety of information and services, including means to assist in converting documents to accessible formats, assist in checking websites for accessibility, and captioning course videos.
Accommodations at University Activities and Special Events
If you require any type of an accommodation for an event sponsored by the University of Florida accommodation requests must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the function. To arrange accommodations contact the agency sponsoring the event. For assistance contact the UF ADA Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 352-273-1094.