Dean, Graduate School and Associate Provost
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- New Hire and COVID-19 Screening
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
We are initiating an internal search to identify the next Dean of the Graduate School, who will also serve as an Associate Provost. We seek a strong, innovative, and dynamic leader with:
- demonstrated experience in graduate administration, resource management, graduate student concerns and services, program formation and review,
- an understanding of issues facing graduate education and funding,
- and a distinguished record of research, teaching, and service.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for further enhancing the school’s academic programs and building distinctive new programs of national and international reputation. The Dean provides leadership
- in operating the Graduate School and all centrally administered aspects of graduate education,
- in defining and implementing university-wide policies in graduate education,
- in recruiting and retaining a diverse graduate student body,
- in advocating for graduate education.
In addition, the appointee works closely with the Division of Sponsored Research and the other Associate Provosts to address overarching issues of concern to the university that extend beyond the Graduate School. The successful candidate must have a doctoral degree and the rank of professor. The Dean reports directly to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Nomination and Application Instructions
Executive Chief of Staff Dr. Win Phillips will chair the search committee. For full consideration, nominations and applications should be submitted to Becky Holt firstname.lastname@example.org in electronic form by February 28, 2021, although the committee will continue to consider applications until the position is filled. Applications should include a CV, a statement of interest, and the names and contact information of three references.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in also aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.
We welcome nominations of and applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and outreach mission, including women, members of underrepresented groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The “government in the sunshine” laws of Florida require that all documents relating to the search process, including letters of application/nomination and reference, be available for public inspection.