- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
Volunteers are an integral part of the UF community. Through the engagement of volunteers, UF is further able to provide support to the community and state-wide in many ways including providing community educational opportunities in the areas of agriculture and natural resources, preparing exhibits for our museums, and assisting patrons at our many performances at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
In an effort to be more sustainable with how UF tracks volunteer service, as well as provide an enterprise-wide method of identifying UF volunteers, a university-wide volunteer tracking system has been created. This tracking system replaces the Record of Volunteer Service Form that is currently required for all volunteers and kept on file with the volunteer program college or department.
Additionally, a Volunteer Policy is now in place to provide guidance on the engagement of volunteers, along with the existing Volunteer Regulation. This policy also helps to clarify who is and who is not considered a volunteer.
NOTE: All College of Medicine volunteer programs and coordinators should continue to work with College of Medicine Human Resources for their volunteer program needs.
The following resources are available to University of Florida colleges and units engaging volunteers.
- Parental/Guardian Approval for Volunteer Service & Treatment of Minors Form (PDF)
- Single-Day-Event Volunteer Service Form (PDF)
- Tracking a volunteer who has a UFID (PDF)
- Tracking a volunteer who does not have a UFID (PDF | Simulation)
- Uploading documents to OnBase (PDF)
- Volunteer Report in Enterprise Analytics
The following templates are Word Docs and may be downloaded and customized to accommodate individual volunteer program needs.
- Sample Volunteer Handbook Template
- Sample Volunteer Service Approval Letter
- Sample Volunteer Service Denial Letter
- Sample Release from Service Letter
The following security roles are required to utilize the suite of Volunteer Tracking systems and data. These roles may be requested from your Departmental Security Administrator (DSA) once appropriate training (outlined below) has been successfully completed.
For assistance in identifying your DSA, click here.
This security role is required to access the Volunteer Tracking system in myUFL.
NOTE: HR Professionals who have one of the following roles will also be able to access the volunteer tracking system:
- UF_EPAF_Department Admin
- UF_EPAF_DOCE Approver
- UF_EPAF_Level 1 Approver
This security role is required to access PersonHub. PersonHub is where you may look up a volunteer’s contact information and department affiliations when needed.
For questions regarding volunteer coordination at the University of Florida contact: