Resources to Support Faculty, Staff, and Students
TO: UF Faculty and Staff
FROM: Jodi Gentry, Vice President for Human Resources
As we begin this new academic year, especially in light of current events that may have created some additional anxieties and concerns for many of us, I wanted to remind you of the following resources and support available to faculty, staff, and students. If there is anything UF Human Resources may do to be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- U Matter, We Care is an umbrella for care-related programs and resources for students and employees. It includes a program to train people to recognize the signs of distress and to provide help and other resources. Visit umatter.ufl.edu for more information.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides employees with free and confidential consultation with licensed mental health professionals. The EAP also can facilitate workshops and trainings for groups, addressing topics such as stress management. To contact the EAP, please call (352) 392-5787, email email@example.com, or visit ufl.edu. Similarly, the University of Florida’s Counseling and Wellness Center is available for students. See counseling.ufl.edu for more information.
- UF’s information line, which serves to dispel rumors and provide the latest information and UF news, may be reached by calling 1-866-UF-FACTS.
- In cases of emergency, the university will continue to utilize the UF Alert system. To ensure you are receiving news and updates, now is a good time to verify your emergency contact information in the myUFL system. To do so, login to myUFL (my.ufl.edu) and navigate to Main Menu > My Account > Update Emergency Contact. Scroll to the bottom of the page to select the correct UF Alert Preference.
- UF’s Emergency Management office is another great resource for information. The scenarios on its “Take Action” page address a variety of emergencies about which all UF faculty and staff should be informed. Visit ufl.edu.
- The university’s Ombuds program serves as a confidential resource and neutral party for those who may have a university-related concern, problem, or just want to talk privately about a UF policy or procedure. The Ombuds for students and staff may be reached at (352) 392-1308. Faculty may contact the Office of the Faculty Ombuds at (352) 273-1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and faculty in the College of Medicine may contact the College of Medicine Faculty Ombuds at email@example.com.
- Faculty and staff who wish to report a specific concern may do so anonymously via the UF Compliance Hotline at 1-877-556-5356 or online via UF’s Reporting System.
- UF Employee Relations also is available to assist with complaints. That office may be reached at (352) 392-1075 or by emailing EmployeeRelations@hr.ufl.edu.
- Reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking should be directed to the University’s Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this reminder about available resources is helpful. As always, if we may answer questions or provide further information, please do not hesitate to contact us (352) 392-2HRS or email@example.com.