UF to close this Friday, October 7
The University of Florida is cancelling classes and closing offices in Gainesville/Alachua County for Friday, October 7.
P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School will follow the UF closure schedule. Only essential university personnel should report for work. Health Science Center clinical personnel should check with their supervisors as to whether they should report for work. UF Shands Hospital will continue with normal operations.
We expect to have an update on Saturday’s football game against LSU today after 5 p.m.
UF employees in Gainesville who normally work weekends should monitor the UF home page for updates regarding Saturday’s schedule.
UF units with operations along the east coast of Florida should follow guidance from their university administrative units and local officials.
Additional information about leave entry will be provided next week.
Supervisors, please ensure that all employees, including OPS, are informed of this closure.
Classes are expected to resume on Monday, October 10. Other scheduling updates and storm information will be posted regularly on UF’s home page, www.ufl.edu.
For immediate life-safety concerns dial 9-1-1. This is an automated UF Alert system message. This email account is not actively monitored for replies.
- UF students, faculty and staff can update their contact information or subscription preferences at http://ufl.to/editufalert
- UF Health staff can update their contact information and subscription preferences at http://ufl.to/editufalertshands
- Learn more about UF Alert, including FAQs at http://ufalert.ufl.edu/
- Download the GatorSafe app on your mobile device at http://ufl.to/gatorsafe
Non-Emergency Contact Numbers:
- UF Police Department: 352-392-1111 (UF Alert-Gainesville)
- UF Health Shands Hospital Contact Center: 352-265-0111 (UF Alert-Shands)