- Researcher and Research Support Screening
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What is Level 2 Screening?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Considerations When Hiring an International Employee
- H-1B Visa – Temporary Worker
- TN Visa – Canadian & Mexican Professional Workers
- O-1 Visa – Individuals with Extraordinary Ability
- E-3 Visa – Australian Specialty Occupation
- Employment Based Permanent Residency
- Initiate Your Case
- Other Visa & Immigration Related Information
- Forms & Resources
- Travel Information
- Academic Credential Evaluation
- Offer of Employment Letters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2020-21 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Salary Market Data Sources
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helping Employees In Distress
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
Prompts on date range and TRC code(s). Details administrative leave taken in a department. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Evaluate cumulative college or department hours for paid parental leave, FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) and workers’ compensation.
• Evaluate college- or departmental-level Administrative Leave use based on selected TRCs including Military, Emergency Closing, Paid Parental, and Workers’ Compensation leave codes for a specified period of time.
Prompts on date range and UFID. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Evaluate all Administrative Leave use by individual UFID over a specified period of time.
Prompts on date range and TRC code(s) and UFID. Details cumulative college or department hours for FMLA. These reports would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Are any college- or departmental-level employees recording FMLA leave without authorization?
• How many employees within a specific unit are recording FMLA during any given period of time?
• Is an employee using FMLA leave consistent with the expectations provided by UFHR Central-Leave?
• Has an employee exhausted their FMLA entitlement?
• How many hours of remaining FMLA leave does an employee have available?
Prompts on pay date, department, and/or UFID. Details leave accrual, usage, and balances for a department or college or UFID. These reports would be helpful in answering questions like:
• What is the monetary value of leave for a department or individual? Total value proposition, new hires counter offers. Calculate cash out, early retirement. Calculate cash out, termination.
• What is the average ratio between hours taken and hours earned in each pay period?
• How many hours does a given employee have available for use?
• Do accruals for new hires match the expected values?
• Has an employee recorded their leave properly?
• What is an employee's historical leave use and accrual, per payroll period?
Prompts on pay date and department. Details leave accrual, usage, and balances for a department or college, specifically for compensatory time. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Evaluate total hours or monetary value of compensatory leave for a pay period.
• What are the expected budgetary impacts of compensatory leave cash outs on a department or unit?
• Should a supervisor consider having an employee use compensatory leave instead of vacation?
• Are any employees approaching a maximum threshold that will require cash payment for additional accruals?
Evaluates all time recorded, per TRC, across selected date ranges, departments, and salary plans. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Which employees are recording time under specific TRCs?
• Are employees using specific TRCs (such as DPL, EMC, or FMLA) properly?
Provides current employee information for active employees in a department or college. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• How many people have active records in my department?
• What are the current salaries of the employees in my department?
Provides changes to Job Data for a given employee over the last six months. This report would be helpful in answering questions around what has historically happened in an employee’s job data. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• When was the last time an employee was awarded a salary increase?
• What type of salary increase (i.e. SPI, UF Increase)?
Prompts for UFID. Pulls all job records for an employee and last action and effective date on each record. This report would be helpful to see if an employee has multiple active records or all employee records for an individual.
Prompts on department, date range, and salary plan. Used to answer questions around who was hired, what types of employees does a department hire, how many hires a department had. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• On average, how many employees are onboarded during a given time period?
• Which salary plans (OPS, TEAMS, Faculty) do we hire? Are there any hiring trends in terms of fluctuations between time of year?
Prompts on college code or department ID and date range to return all payable time in the selected college during the selected date range. Used as an overview of payable time per employee in a given college. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Evaluate flight risks, burnout, and work life balance. What are the PTO practices in the department? Are there opportunities for flexibility or scheduling needs that could be addressed?
• Evaluate overtime. Is there sufficient coverage?
• Evaluate FMLA. Are the types of FMLA currently being utilized appropriate?
Prompts on department and returns all 9- and 10-month employees who go on short work break during the summer. Used for review in preparation for the short work break files. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Are all employees impacted by short work break accounted for?
• Recalibrate workflow. With a modified work force, how can we delegate and prioritize tasks?
Prompts by college, department, date range, and salary plan. Used to review terminations in a department(s) over a selected period of time. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Evaluate termination reason codes. Are they accurate? Do you notice trends in terminations in certain units or during specific times of the year?
• Evaluate contraction. Use this report in tangent with the “New Hires by Department” report. What is the ratio of terminations versus hires?
• Evaluate and address trends. Are there any strategies that you can utilize to improve retention?
• What is the typical length of service for an exiting employee?
Prompts by college, department, and salary plan. Used to monitor visa information and identify employees who have expired visas. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Is the information on report accurate?
• Set proactive timelines to address VISA related tasks.
Prompt by department(s). Used to identify monitor OPS workforce and identify employees who are close to the OPS hours threshold. This report would be helpful in answering questions like:
• Are there any employees who have exceeded or are approaching the OPS hours threshold?
• Evaluate workforce planning.