Background Screening Request Form for Youth Camps and Activities
- Contact Us
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Union Contracts
- Disciplinary Processes
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Workers’ Compensation
- UF Engaged
- Our Core Values
- Helping Employees In Distress
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wage and Hour Law
- Unemployment Compensation
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Salary Market Data Sources
- 2020-21 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Offer of Employment Letters
- Academic Credential Evaluation
- Travel Information
- Forms & Resources
- Other Visa & Immigration Related Information
- Initiate Your Case
- Employment Based Permanent Residency
- E-3 Visa – Australian Specialty Occupation
- O-1 Visa – Individuals with Extraordinary Ability
- TN Visa – Canadian & Mexican Professional Workers
- H-1B Visa – Temporary Worker
- Considerations When Hiring an International Employee
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Hiring Center
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Onboarding Resources
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Preparing an Offer
- What is Level 2 Screening?
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Appointment Letter Library
- Background Screening Request
- Pre-employment Screening Using HireRight
- Selecting Candidates
- Managing Applications
- Advertising the Job
- Current UF Employees
- E-3 Specialty Occupation Worker
- O-1 Visa
- Strategic Talent Group
- Researcher and Research Support Screening
The following is the process to request a background check:
- Complete all the fields found on this page including volunteer/applicant information, background screening selection, and payment authorization. This form must be completed by the appropriate UF department administrator or department youth activity coordinator. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Request Level 2 for youth camps/activities that are held outside of the summer period
- Request Level 2 – DCF for youth summer camp/activities (held during the summer period)
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of this page. You will see a confirmation page if the form was submitted successfully.
- A fingerprinting appointment should only be made after you’ve received an email from Talent Acquisition & Onboarding confirming to do so.
Requesting Level 2 – DCF Screening for summer camps/activities
- Talent Acquisition & Onboarding will notify the department if fingerprinting appointment is needed.
- Make a fingerprinting appointment with Human Resources or with an approved UF vendor, if employee lives outside of Gainesville / Alachua County once approval is provided by Talent Acquisition & Onboarding.
- Candidates can use the Fingerprinting Appointment Online Scheduler to make their appointment with Talent Acquisition & Onboarding request. The email regarding the fingerprinting appointment is provided in a separate email.
If an employee completes the fingerprinting portion of the background check before Talent Acquisition & Onboarding provides its approval, the hiring department will incur additional cost to complete the check.
Please submit only one request. If multiple checks are conducted as a result of submitting the same request more than once, the department will be liable for the costs of the checks conducted. Please note that HRS will cover the cost for UF employees.
Screening Minors (under age of 18)
Prior to conducting criminal background screening on a minor (under age of 18), hiring departments must obtained a signed copy of the “Background Screening Consent Form for Minors” from the minor and the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Signed forms must be retained by the hiring departments securely in compliance with Florida public schedule.
For more information or assistance, please contact HRS at (352) 392-2477 or email HRSBackgrounds@admin.ufl.edu.