Background Screening Request Form for Youth Camps and Activities
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding/Induction: Best Practices for Direct Supervisors
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Institutional Equity & Diversity
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Performance Appraisals
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Contact Us
The following is the process to request a background check:
- Complete all the fields found on this page including volunteer/applicant information, background screening selection, and payment authorization. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of this page. You will see a confirmation page if the form was submitted successfully.
- When requesting a FBI Live Scan and 435 Live Scan, make a fingerprinting appointment after submitting this form and receiving a confirmation email from Recruitment and Staffing to do so.
Requesting 435 LiveScan Background Check
- Recruitment and Staffing will notify the department if fingerprinting appointment is needed.
- Make a fingerprinting appointment with Human Resources or with an approved UF vendor, if employee lives outside of Gainesville / Alachua county once approval is provided by Recruitment and Staffing.
- Candidates can use the Fingerprinting Appointment Online Schedulerto make their appointment with Recruitment and Staffing.
Alert! Please note Recruitment and Staffing sends a courtesy email to the hiring department within a day to confirm our receipt of the request. The email regarding the fingerprinting appointment is provided in a separate email.
If an employee completes the fingerprinting portion of the background check before Recruitment and Staffing provides its approval, the hiring department will incur additional cost to complete the check.
Please submit only one request. If multiple checks are conducted as a result of submitting the same request more than once, the department will be liable for the costs of the checks conducted. Please note that HRS will cover the cost for UF employees.
For more information or assistance, please contact HRS at (352) 392-2477 or email HRSBackgrounds@admin.ufl.edu.