Background Screening Request Form for Youth Camps and Activities
- Strategic Talent Group
- Current UF Employees
- Hiring Center
- Advertising the Job
- Managing Applications
- Selecting Candidates
- Preparing an Offer
- Pre-employment Screening Using First Advantage
- Background Screening Request
- Appointment Letter Library
- Requirements for an Appointment
- Conducting a Useful Reference Check
- What are FBI Livescan and 435 Livescan Background Checks?
- Creating a UF Appointment
- Onboarding Resources
- Current Employees Status Changes
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Immigration Compliance Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2020-21 Salary Increase Plan: FAQ
- Salary Market Data Sources
- Staff Salary Structure Overview & Determining Individual Compensation
- Additional University Employment and Compensation
- Special Pay Increase (SPI)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- Unemployment Compensation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helping Employees In Distress
- Our Core Values
- UF Engaged
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Inquiry and Complaint Procedures
- Disciplinary Processes
- Union Contracts
- Employee Relations Leadership Team
- Contact Us
The following is the process to request a background check:
- Complete all the fields found on this page including volunteer/applicant information, background screening selection, and payment authorization. This form must be completed by the appropriate UF department administrator or department youth activity coordinator. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of this page. You will see a confirmation page if the form was submitted successfully.
- When requesting a FBI Live Scan and 435 Live Scan, make a fingerprinting appointment after submitting this form and receiving a confirmation email from Talent Acquisition & Onboarding to do so.
Requesting 435 LiveScan Background Check
- Talent Acquisition & Onboarding will notify the department if fingerprinting appointment is needed.
- Make a fingerprinting appointment with Human Resources or with an approved UF vendor, if employee lives outside of Gainesville / Alachua county once approval is provided by Talent Acquisition & Onboarding.
- Candidates can use the Fingerprinting Appointment Online Schedulerto make their appointment with Talent Acquisition & Onboarding request. The email regarding the fingerprinting appointment is provided in a separate email.
If an employee completes the fingerprinting portion of the background check before Talent Acquisition & Onboarding provides its approval, the hiring department will incur additional cost to complete the check.
Please submit only one request. If multiple checks are conducted as a result of submitting the same request more than once, the department will be liable for the costs of the checks conducted. Please note that HRS will cover the cost for UF employees.
For more information or assistance, please contact HRS at (352) 392-2477 or email HRSBackgrounds@admin.ufl.edu.